Saturday, December 28, 2019

An Explanation for Absence (Post Coming Soon!)

Wow, it has been a long time since I have written! I am writing a new article to post soon but I wanted to give a brief explanation for my absence before I just randomly throw new content at you.

My last post entitled, "Charge," was written just a few days before arriving in Kenya and was sharing what God was teaching me and speaking to me in that season.

When I left for Kenya, I continued writing weekly about the things God was doing in my life, as well as in the ministry I was working with. However, these writings never made it to my blog. I wanted to respect the privacy of the individuals I was with, as well as keep a level of intimacy within my personal relationship with God instead of feeling the need to share everything. Because of this desire, I only sent the writings via email to a small group of supporters who "held the rope" for me and interceded on my behalf all summer long. (If you still want to hear about my summer in Kenya, feel free to ask me, or let me know and I can forward my weekly updates to you.)

When I returned from Kenya, I was broken. I went in with expectations from my previous summer, and none of those expectations were met, at least not in the way I hoped for them to be. God was still the same God He was my first summer (and always has been and will be,) but I saw Him work in completely different ways, which at the time seemed like a lack of Him working and moving. It took me a while to finally understand the way He moved in my life and in the lives of others throughout the summer.

I was also broken not knowing if I would ever be back serving in Kenya. Leaving the people I had grown to love and consider family, as well as leaving a ministry I love without an anticipated return date was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, if not the hardest.

Because of this, I let myself process and just sit still in the presence of Jesus for a long time. A few months, really. I let Him work on me and I worked on myself at the same time.

During this time, my classes were picking up and I was taking a blogging class. This class required me to write 2-3 posts a week, so my writing focus shifted to that blog.

Now that I have made it through all of those things, I am ready and excited to write again! Stay tuned!

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment